Thursday, June 24, 2010

Q&A

tagged by stichasaurus, here are the questions she's posed and my responses:

1) If you could be any animal on earth, which animal would you be and why?
I think I'd be a bird that could float - maybe a duck. They can fly over things, walk among them, and swim around them. Wouldn't mind that freedom.

2) What was your prized possession as a child? What happened to it?
I had this doll, named Heidi, who was my favorite. She and I went everywhere together, until the unfortunate day when my younger brother got a hold of it and ripped off her head.                 

3) Your house is on fire! Everyone's going to make it out okay, but you only have time to save 3 things. What do you grab?
I grab: my phone, camera, and computer. These things hold my memories, and I could always use another reason to go shopping for everything else!

4) What was your first pet as a child? What did you name it?
I had a teddy bear hampster named Misty. I felt so grown up and responsible taking care of her. Until I took her to school for the week and we thought it would be fun to let her roll around in her ball down a hill. She passed away the next week, presumably related to shock. :-\

5) When you first learned to parallel park, what kind of car were you driving? And how badly did you suck at it?
Well, I didn't learn before I took my driving test! I had to learn when I moved to an apartment when all parking was parallel on the street. I got really good at it in my Volvo 740GLE. In my Camry, however, which I've now had for 4 years, I still anxiously search for any other kind of parking before attempting to maneuver myself into a parallel spot. I am always worried that my rear end is bigger than it is! (story of my life, haha)

6) Chilling at home: Shoes, socks, bare feet, or slippers?
bare feet. Not a big slipper person, and only like socks when it's cold.

7) Would you rather go a lifetime without your favorite candy or a lifetime without dental floss?
I could handle life without my fave candy, but after a good meal of corn on the cob or steak, I need me some floss.

8) Tell me about a wardrobe malfunction...what happened, how badly did you blush?
Thankfully, nothing too horrendous has ever come between me and my clothes, but probably the worst thing was when the straps on a dress broke. I probably blushed more than necessary, but thankfully my quick thinking turned it into a halter dress and no lives were ruined!

2 comments:

  1. haha, awesome. I can't believe you didn't learn how to parallel park!! That's just bonkers! Especially considering where you live now :) Have a good trip to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of remember the straps into halter dress.

    I could see you as a duck.

    ReplyDelete